POLICE BLOTTER | September 28, 2016

The following are selected reports from the Seattle Police Department’s West Precinct. They represent the officers’ accounts of the events described.

Extreme Road Rage

At approximately 3:15 p.m. on Sept. 21, police responded to several 911 calls from witnesses stating there were two men fighting on the street in the southbound lanes of Aurora Avenue North at Galer Street. When officers arrived the men were gone, but one of them called 911 to report the incident and stated he’d gotten the other vehicle’s license plate. He returned to the scene and told police he’d just turned right from Galer Street onto southbound Aurora when the other vehicle came racing up behind him, laying on the horn.

The other driver then whipped around the victim and cut him off, slamming on his breaks forcing the victim to stop. According to the victim and witnesses, the suspect driver got out of his car and approached the victim’s car, opening the driver’s door and pulling the victim out by his arm. When the victim was halfway out of the car the suspect began slamming the door on the victim repeatedly, before pulling him out of the car and throwing him on the ground. The suspect jumped on top of the victim and began beating him. The victim said he’d lost consciousness during the beating. Eventually the suspect got in his car to leave and the victim followed him to get his plate number. Police ran the plates and called the registered owner of the car. She told police her husband was driving her car today. Police found handprints on the victim’s car door, which they were able to lift for evidence. 

Yoking Around

Just before noon on Sept. 14 police responded to a homeless camp near 17th Avenue West and West Dravus Street after residents reported an egging. They said at about 10 a.m. several residents and tents were hit with flying eggs that had been lobbed from the street. They told police they suspected the eggs were thrown by men who had recently been kicked out of the camp. One of the residents said he’d spoken with one of the suspects earlier and he’d alluded to his guilt while also making vague threats to beat someone up.

Broken Window

Just after 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 15, the residents of a home in the 300 block of West Prospect Street arrived home to find the house had been burglarized. They’d been away from home since 6 p.m. the previous day. The burglar threw a rock through the glass window on the back door. They ransacked the master bedroom and bathroom, stealing some jewelry. No other rooms were rifled through and nothing else was missing.

Unwelcome Guest

Just before 11 a.m. on Sept. 17, the manager of a business in the 500 block of Dexter Avenue North called 911 to report an overnight burglary. He said he’d just arrived to work and went into his office where he found several items out of place. It appeared somebody had slept there over night. Two pillows were on the ground; they’d previously been on the top shelf of a nearby cabinet. All boxes in a cabinet had been rifled through. A brown paper bag containing a box of tampons, a battery-powered head massager, and mouthwash was left near the pillows.

The business manager told police the building is currently being remodeled. The previous day, workers finished painting the first floor, so all the windows had been left open to air out the building. More than likely the suspect climbed in through an open window. There were no signs of forced entry to any of the doors. Several items were missing from the office where the burglar slept including a digital camera and a brown canvas bag containing a Bluetooth connection device, a tablet computer and a set of building keys.

Alert Dogs

Just before 5 a.m. on Sept. 17, the residents of a home in the 3000 block of 43rd Avenue West called 911 to report two men had just broken into their house while they were sleeping. The victims said they’d woken up when their dogs started barking. They heard drawers opening downstairs. The male victim went downstairs and saw drawers opened and rifled through in an office. The female victim looked out her bedroom window and saw two men walking away from the house on West Dravus Street.

When they looked up and saw her looking at them, they began running down the street. The burglars apparently climbed into the house through an open bedroom window on the ground floor. Drawers and cabinets in the office, dining room and ground-floor bedroom had been opened and rifled through. The victim said only two things were taken: a laptop and a set of keys holding keys to three vehicles and a safe.