Police Blotter 9/8

Car Prowl
A woman called police at 10:18 p.m. on Aug. 30 to report her car had been broken into. The vehicle had been parked in the secured parking garage of the victim's apartment building located in the 1200 block of Dexter Avenue North.
The victim stated that she had parked her car at about 8 p.m. on Aug. 29 and when she returned to it at 8 a.m. on Aug. 30 the driver's side window had been smashed out and her iPod had been stolen from inside. There was no security camera or suspect evidence so police left the woman with a business card.
A second victim called police to report her car was broken into in this garage as well. Her car was parked here between 8 p.m. on Aug. 30 and 8 a.m. Sept.. 1. The suspect broke her driver's side window as well and took her Zune music player along with her Zune syncing device, both of which were plugged onto her vehicle's cigarette lighter.

Restaurant Brawl
On Aug. 31 at 2 a.m. police responded to a restaurant in the 500 block of Queen Anne Avenue North in response to several calls complaining about a large fight involving 12-20 people.
When police arrived in the parking lot of the restaurant the large crowd that had formed in the lot began to disperse. Police were able to detain a couple of subjects. They also found a man lying unconscious on the ground. The man was treated at the scene by Seattle Fire and later transported to a hospital.
According to several witnesses the fight began when two suspects began verbally harassing another group inside the restaurant. The second group went outside in an attempt to get away from the suspects.
The suspects followed the group out into the parking lot and then out onto Queen Anne Avenue. One of the suspects then punched the victim in the face, causing his nose to bleed.
At this point a third group from exited from inside the restaurant and attempted to intervene in the altercation. The suspects began arguing with and yelling at the do-gooders.
A second suspect then punched a second victim, at which point another member of the second group grabbed the second suspect and pushed him away. This caused the suspect to fall backward and hit his head on the concrete. The impact knocked the suspect unconscious. A second suspect suffered an injury to his arm during the incident.
Witnesses were able to positively identify both suspects as the primary aggressors against both victims. The suspects were transported to Harborview Medical Center. One of the victims was treated at the scene by Seattle Fire and he second victim declined medical treatment. The suspects were later charged with assault.

A man called police at 11:18 a.m. on Sept. 1 to report his house had been broken into. He told police he had been out of town from Aug. 11 until Aug. 31. When he returned to his home, located in the 3000 block of Perkins Lane West, he found it had been ransacked.
Police arrived at the home at 2:20 p.m. on Sept. 1 to investigate. A search for evidence met with little success. There was no obvious point of entry, because both the front and side doors were unsecured.
No evidence was found around the exterior of the house. Inside police gathered several cardboard boxes that they believe had been touched by the suspect. The boxes were placed them into evidence for fingerprinting. No fingerprints were found or lifted at the scene.
Because this burglary occurred in a limited access neighborhood of Seattle, police tried to contact several neighbors to find out if anybody had witnessed anything suspicious. They also looked for neighbors with active surveillance systems that might have captured a
passing vehicle, none were found.
The victim told police that his neighbor had told him that he had heard some noises over the weekend, however he had thought it was the victim's dogs. The victim had brought his dogs with him while he was out of town. The neighbor was not home for police to speak with at the time.
The victim provided officers with a short list of people that he suspects might have been involved in the burglary. That list was forwarded to burglary detectives, along with a list of stolen firearms.

Storage Break In
At 1:04 p.m. on Sept. 1 police responded to investigate a reported forced entry burglary to a property located in the 2400 block of 32nd Avenue West. Upon arrival police spoke with the complainant, who said she found the front door forced open to a property owned by a man who owns many rental properties.
The victim uses this particular property to store items left behind in various other rental properties that he owns. When the complainant noticed the burglary, the door appeared to be kicked in and the dead bolt was broken, estimated damage to the front door is about $300. The complainant was unable to tell police if anything was missing from the property. There were numerous items strewn around the property some of which had value. Police were unable to recover any prints from the front door.

Garage Burglary
A man called police at 9:09 a.m. on Aug. 27 to report a burglary in his garage located in the 1700 block of 29th Avenue West. The man stated that at some time between 9 p.m. on Aug. 26 and 6:30 a.m. on Aug. 27 an unknown person apparently used the garage door opener in the victim's vehicle out in the driveway to open the garage door.
The victim states that it appeared a few items were moved, but nothing appeared to be missing at the time. There was no entry into the house from the garage.

School Burglary
Police responded to reports of a burglary at a school located in the 4000 block of 27th Avenue West at 2:13 p.m. on Aug. 28. Sometime between 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 27 and 12:30 p.m. on Aug. 28 the suspects cut a lock to he north gate they then used a large rock to break the window of a classroom.
The suspects then reached inside and opened the window latch. The suspects then entered the room through the lower window. The window is not large, indicating that the suspects are very small people.
While in the room, the suspects cut the cable lock to somebody's personal desktop computer. It is not believed by police that the suspects exited through the window. An official responded to the scene and informed responding officers that there had been no active alarms at the school during the night. Police are puzzled by the fact that there is a motion detector in the room that was burglarized.
Responding officers took two rolls of photos and recovered six fingerprint cards full of prints. The broken window is double pane and a quarter of an inch thick. The price to replace it was unknown at the time of the report.

Car Prowl
A man called police at 9:12 a.m. on Sept. 1 to report that his car had been broken into over night. The vehicle had been parked in the secured parking garage of his apartment building, located in the 1000 block of Taylor Avenue North from 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 31 until 9 a.m. on Sept. 1. Someone broke out the left, rear, door window and stole property from the vehicle.[[In-content Ad]]