Police Blotter 9/29

A police officer responded to the scene of an assault that had occurred in the 200 block of Westlake Avenue North at 5:02 a.m. on Sept. 10. Upon arrival they spoke with the victim, who said she had been walking to a gas station to buy cigarettes at 4:55 a.m. when she ran into a couple of acquaintances she knew from Bell Town.
The victim said that first acquaintance asked to borrow her lighter, and she refused to let him. The second acquaintance then picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at the victim. The first acquaintance then began to yell profanities at the victim as he picked up dirt from the ground and threw it at her.
The victim told the officer that she did not know the names of the two suspects, but that she would be able to recognize them if she saw them again. She also made it clear that she wanted the suspects to stay away from her, so the officer provided her with information about obtaining an anti-harassment order.
Police checked the area for the two suspects, but they were not located. The victim said she had not been injured in the assault, and declined medical aid. The officer advised the victim to call 911 if she saw the suspects again so she could properly identify them to police.

Late Report
A woman called police on Sept. 13 at 9:11 a.m. to report a theft that had taken place while she was out of town from July 27 through Aug. 29 at her home located in the 3100 block of West Bertona Street. She was reporting it to police so late because she needed a case number for her insurance claim.
The woman told police that when she returned from her trip she discovered several items were missing from her home. She suspects her roommate's daughter and her boyfriend to be the thieves.
Police responded to the scene at 1:51 p.m. on Sept. 13 and provided the victim with a case number.

Stolen Jewelry
Police responded to a reported burglary at an apartment located somewhere on West Aloha Street at 9:25 p.m. on Sept. 14. Upon arrival the victim told police that she had been gone from 6 a.m. on Sept. 10 until 6 p.m. on Sept. 13. During that time somebody took some jewelry from her dresser drawer.
The victim told police that she believes somebody broke into her apartment while she was away. There were no signs of forced entry to the apartment. The victim told police that there are staff members at the building who have keys to all the apartments, but she does not suspect any of them of stealing her jewelry.

Stolen Saw
At 8:07 a.m. on Sept. 15 police were dispatched to a house located in the 2100 block of 10th Avenue West in response to reports of a burglary that had occurred earlier. Upon arrival the responding officer contacted the homeowner in the front of the house.
The victim said that somebody had broken into the shed in his back yard. He took the officer in the back yard. The victim said that the shed door had been left unlocked. The burglar had been able to walk in and take a Dewalt jig saw, which is a power saw, that had been lying on the floor of the shed.
There were no signs of forced entry to the shed. The victim estimated the cost of the jig saw to be about $140. The victim's wife said she had heard voices outside her window around midnight last night. She said she got up to look out the window and saw two males walking back and forth in the alley behind the house. She said that it had been too dark to identify the men. She also said that at the time when she looked out the window, she did not see the men on her property.

Stolen Bicycle
A man called police at 10:48 a.m. on Wednesday Sept. 15 to report that sometime over the previous weekend somebody had stolen his bicycle from the secured parking garage of his apartment complex. The apartment building is located in the 400 block of Ninth Avenue North.
The man told police that his bicycle had been on a wall mount rack in the parking garage all weekend. The last time he had seen it there was on Sunday Sept. 12 at 10 a.m. When he went back to the garage at 10 a.m. on Monday Morning (Sept. 13) it was gone. The bicycle had not been locked or secured.

Center Assault
Police responded to the scene of a reported fight disturbance between two individuals at 11:04 p.m. on Sept. 15 in the 300 block of Fifth Avenue North. Upon arrival police met with the victim who had called 911. The victim pointed out the suspect, who was standing in the Memorial Stadium parking lot.
Police approached the suspect, who appeared upset and aggravated. After being advised that he was being audio recorded the suspect was asked by police if he had gotten into a fight that evening. The suspect responded that he had been yelling at the victim for jaywalking and he also accused the victim of being a terrorist.
Police asked the suspect if he had brass knuckles on him. He responded that he did not, but whilst frisking him police found him to be wearing a red cloth belt with what appeared to be a home made belt buckle in the shape of brass knuckles.
The victim told police that he and a friend had just gone up to the top of the Space Needle. When they came down and exited they were confronted by the suspect on the sidewalk. The victim stated that the suspect approached him and his friend and began yelling at them. While yelling the suspect was complaining about the state of the economy, and then began accusing the victim of being a terrorist.
The victim said he questioned why the suspect was saying these things, which appeared to aggravate the suspect further. The suspect then took out an object that appeared to be brass knuckles attached to a red cloth belt. He then came within inches of the two men, still yelling and holding the brass knuckles. The victim said he was afraid, and his friend was so frightened that he ran away northbound on Fifth Avenue North. At this point the victim called police.
Police determined that although the brass knuckles were designed as a part of the suspect's clothing, because he had attempted to use them as a weapon while confronting the victim they would be considered a weapon. Thus, police were able to arrest the suspect for assault.
The suspect was placed under arrest and he refused to acknowledge the reading of his Miranda Rights. Police thin transported the suspect to the West Precinct for processing. He was later booked into King County Jail.

Prowled Rental
A man called police at 9:25 a.m. on Sept. 19 to report his rental car had been broken into whilst parked in a parking garage located in the 100 block of Taylor Avenue North. The man told police he had parked the car at 6 p.m. on Sept 18. When he returned to it at about 8:30 a.m. the next morning he found the front passenger window broken, the glove box open, and the center console open.
The man's GPS, paperwork, briefcase, and other items had been thrown all over the interior of the vehicle. The victim told police he does not believe anything was taken.
After discovering the prowl, the victim closed the glove box and center console and moved the GPS inside to his apartment.[[In-content Ad]]