Police Blotter 8/4

Electrical Bandits
Police responded to a reported burglary at a business located in the 300 block of Second Avenue West at 12:25 p.m. on July 14. An employee said that unknown suspects had entered the building by unknown means at 3:04 a.m. that morning. Surveillance video of the west side roll up door in the building's first floor parking garage stops at 3:04 a.m., the surveillance camera's wires had been cut.
The suspects then pried open the first floor storage area door where water heaters are stored. The employee told police five water heaters had been stolen from that room.
The suspects also went to the second floor storage area, located in the employee parking area. They cut a chain link and were able to break the chain and lock on the storage area. From the area the suspects stole a dishwasher, a range, a microwave oven and a refrigerator. The suspects also stole a hand truck from the storage area and left with all the stolen items.
Upon arrival police photographed the area including a dented door and the cut camera wires. The employee told police that this was the second theft of water heaters from the business since December of 2009. The water heaters are kept behind a locked door and are not visible to the public. Police were unable to find fingerprints at the scene.

Broken Window
A woman called police at 5:17 p.m. on July 27 to report a forced entry burglary at her home located in the 3200 block of 29 Avenue West. Upon arrival police spoke with the woman who said she had left her home at about 9 a.m. When she returned at about 4:30 p.m. she noticed that the east side French door of her home was ajar and also that a window was broken.
After police searched the residence, the woman walked through with an officer and said she didn't notice anything missing.
The woman told police she had her alarm system activated, but the alarm didn't appear to have been tripped. She didn't get a call from the alarm company.

Playground Robbery
Police responded to the scene of a reported robbery in the 1900 block of Boren Avenue at 1:58 a.m. on July 27. Upon arrival, officers spoke with the victim who said that 30 minutes prior he had been robbed in the 300 block of Pontius Avenue North.
The victim said he had met the suspect a few hours before the incident, and had been hanging out in the Cascade Playground area when the robbery occurred. He said the suspect punched him in the eye, knocking him unconscious for a few seconds. During this time the suspect stole $300 in cash out of the victim's right pant pocket. The suspect then left the scene. The victim couldn't say which direction he had gone.
The victim was able to provide police with a description of the suspect. Police searched the area for the suspect, but were unable to find him. The victim was bleeding near his right eye, and his eye was visibly swollen. The Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene to treat the victim's injuries. He was transported to a hospital for further treatment.

Parking Garage Prowl
A woman called police on July 26 at 8:39 a.m. to report her car had been broken into overnight in the secured parking garage of her condo building, which is located in the 1200 block of Fifth Avenue North.
Upon arrival police spoke with the victim who said she had parked her car in the garage on July 25 at about 9 p.m. She returned to her car at 8 a.m. to find it had been broken into.
Police inspected the vehicle and found the rear driver's side window had been smashed out. The cost to repair it is estimated at $300. A briefcase containing a laptop had been stolen. It had been left sitting on the passenger seat. There was no surveillance camera or suspect evidence available.

Stolen Bicycle
At 8:54 a.m. on July 28 police responded to a call about a residential burglary at a home located in the 600 block of West Mercer Place. Upon arrival the responding officer spoke with the resident in the parking garage. The victim told the officer that a silver bicycle belonging to her husband had been stolen from inside the parking garage. She also said that some power tools that belong to her husband were also missing.
The victim then led the officer upstairs to the second floor where she showed the officer a broken window screen that was laying on the ground next to the window, which faced northeast. Somebody would have had to walk along the top of a large glass roof to make entry through the window.
The officer conducted an investigation but was unable to find any fingerprints or suspect information.

Office Burglary
In response to a commercial burglary call that was placed at 10:10 a.m. on July 28, police arrived at a business located in the 3200 block of Third Avenue West at 10:17 a.m.
Upon arrival the responding officer spoke with the complainant who had made the original 911 call. The complainant stated that sometime between 9 p.m. on July 23 and 10 a.m. on July 28 an unknown suspect had entered the building. The complainant believes the suspect entered through the west door, because there is no protector plate on that door. However, there were no signs of exterior damage to any of the doors.
Once inside the building, it appears the suspect attempted to get into several locked doors with a pry tool. The officer believes this because the damage done to several doors was consistent with that done by pry tools. The suspect managed to get into two offices. All other rooms remained locked.
The first office had a broken front peep window on the door, and the door also had damage to the doorframe. The office had obviously been rummaged through. There was a lock box that had a heavy amount of damage and there were numerous coins scattered on the floor. There was no cash in the box, and it is believed by the complainant that the suspect was able to take an unknown amount of cash from inside the box. A pry bar was left next to the lock box. Police placed both the box and the pry bar into evidence.
The second office also had a broken peep window on the door and damage to the doorframe. There was blood smeared across the door, its handle and more blood smeared on a small clock that sat on the desk inside the office. Police were able to collect samples of the blood from each of the locations it was found. The samples were placed into evidence as well.
The officer found a piece of glass that was placed on the window ledge about six feet from the broken window. The glass was placed into evidence and will later be dusted for fingerprints.
The second office had been rummaged through as well. It is unknown what, if anything, was taken from this office.
A third room had been entered by suspects and rummaged through. It is also unknown if anything was taken from this room.[[In-content Ad]]