Police Blotter 7/7

Warehouse Burglary
On June 23 police responded to reports of a burglary at a business
located in the 3200 block of 17 Avenue West at 8:11 a.m. Upon arrival
responding officers spoke with an employee who said that when he had
arrived to work at 5:30 a.m. he noticed a few things out of place in
the office. He checked the warehouse and found more things out of
place, leading him to believe someone had broken in.
The employee said it appeared somebody had broken into the building
by cutting one of three latches that secure two big loading dock
doors. Police believe the suspect was able to get a saw between the
doors to cut the latch.
Inside the warehouse it was evident that the suspect had stolen
copper fittings, as there were small cardboard boxes that had held the
fittings littering the floor. It appeared the suspect had loaded the
fittings into three garbage cans after dumping the garbage out.
It is not known how many fittings were taken, but the employee
estimated the loss to be at least $1000. The employee said there was
also a saw missing from the office. He said he believes the suspect
could have been hiding inside when the business closed for the
evening. Someone could have come in and then hidden in a stairwell or

Monorail Robbers
An officer responded to the 100 block of Warren Avenue after
receiving a report of an attempted robbery at 11:41 p.m. on June 22.
Upon arrival the officer met with the victim who said he had exited
the Monorail in the Seattle Center and was walking through the Center
grounds when he was approached by two men. One of the men said,
"That's a nice watch."
The victim said he ignored the comment and continued walking. The two
men followed him, repeating the earlier comment directly into the
victim's ear. One of the suspects then grabbed the victim's backpack
from behind and tried to take it. The other suspect grabbed the
victim's left arm.
Instinctively, the victim spun around and punched both suspects with
his right hand. The suspects then turn and ran towards the monorail.
The victim said the suspects were unable to take anything from him.
But that his hand was sore from hitting the suspects.
The victim was able to provide the officer with a detailed
description of both the suspects. The officer conducted an area search
but was unable to locate the suspects. There was an event taking place
at the Seattle Center that evening, so there were a lot of people in
the area.

Attempted Bathroom Break-In
A homeowner called police at 9:17 p.m. on June 23 to report somebody
had attempted to break into his house, which is located in the 1800
block of 7th Avenue West. When police arrived at the home the victim
said he had heard a noise outside, but when he went to investigate he
did not see anyone.
Outside of the house the victim could see that somebody had used a
spade to pry the screen from the rear bathroom window of the house.
Police checked the exterior of the house, but found no evidence of the
suspect or any other point of entry. The damage to the screen is
estimated at $10.

Stolen Bikes
A woman called police after finding the door of her detached garage
ajar and once inside discovering that two bicycles and a camelback
backpack were missing. The call to police was made at 3:15 p.m. on
June 26. The home is located in the 2100 block of 3rd Avenue West.
The woman said the break-in must have happened sometime between 11
p.m. on June 24 and 8 a.m. on June 25. She said she believes the
suspect forced open the electric garage door. The metal pulley
assembly was broken during the incident. Nothing else in the garage
was disturbed. The garage faces the alley behind the residence.

Set Off Alarm
One June 24 at 2:37 a.m. police responded to an alarm that had gone
off at a store located in the 4200 block of Gilman Avenue West. The
alarm company said the glass on the front door had been broken.
Upon arrival officers did not notice anybody outside or inside the
store. It looked like somebody had tried to kick the front door in.
There was damage on the doorframe and the lass was bent, but not
broken. The front door remained locked and the officers believed it
was still secure. No one had entered the store.
Officers conducted an area check and could not locate any suspects,
or anybody else in the area.

Abandoned Building Break In
Somebody called police at 11 p.m. on June 25 to report a suspected
break in of an abandoned building located in the 400 block of Yale
Avenue North. A K9 unit responded, and in speaking with the person who
had reported the break in learned that the break in was believed to
have happened sometime between 7 and 10 p.m. that evening.
The alley garage door of the building had been forced open. The bottom
panel of the door had been bent in. The building is vacant and
awaiting demolition.
Police cleared the building and were unable to determine if actual
entry into the building had been made by the suspects.

Random Butt Cheek Stabbing
At 9:31 a.m. on June 26 police responded to a reported assault call at
the intersection of 1st Avenue North and Broad Street. Upon arrival
officers spoke with the victim, who said he had been walking
northbound on First Avenue, approaching Broad Street. A man was
walking westbound on Broad Street, approaching First Avenue. The two
bumped into each other at the southeast corner of the intersection.
The other man then ran off. The victim felt numbness on his left butt
cheek. He felt it and discovered he was bleeding, and that he had been
stabbed. The victim could not tell police in which direction the
suspect had run. The only description of the suspect that he could
provide was that the suspect was, "big like a football player."
Another officer contacted a witness who had been on the block at the
time of the incident. She said she had seen a man who fit the
description of the suspect get out of the passenger seat of a small
tan or beige car in the 100 block of Broad Street. The vehicle had
been traveling eastbound on Broad Street when it pulled over to the
curb and the suspect got out. She said she had not seen anybody else
on the block at the time of the incident.
The Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene to treat the
victim's approximately 1 and a half inch wide puncture wound to the
left butt cheek. The SFD was unsure of how deep the injury was, so the
victim was transported to a hospital.
Police were unable to locate the suspect. People in the Seattle Center
area should be on the look out for a football player walking around
stabbing people on the street in the butt.

Car Prowl
A man called police on June 30 at 9:34 a.m. to report his car had been
broken into. The man said his car had been parked in the secured
parking garage of his residence, located in the 1300 block of Queen
Anne Avenue North from 3 p.m. on June 27 until he discovered the break
in at 8:45 a.m. on June 30.
There was no damage to the car, which was locked, but somehow the
suspect had found a way to enter it and steal some items.
[[In-content Ad]]