Police Blotter 6/9

Unlocked Window
On May 29 police responded to a reported burglary at a home located in the 100 block of Roy Street at 11:46 p.m. The resident said sometime between 6:30 and 11 p.m. somebody had entered his house through an unlocked second door window.
Once inside the suspect took a laptop that had been in the living room. A fingerprint check was done with a negative result.

Bicycle Mugging
Police responded to a 9-1-1 call from a bicyclist who said he'd just been mugged while riding his bike home on West Barrett Street on May 30 at 1:42 a.m.
Upon arrival the bicyclist informed officers that he had been riding his bicycle northbound when a vehicle passed very close to him, also going northbound. The vehicle pulled over to the curb, allowing him to pass. It then drove up behind him and struck the back wheel of his bicycle.
The victim wobbled and his bike crashed to the street. He dragged his now inoperable bicycle to the curb as the vehicle stopped. Two young men got out of the vehicle and approached the victim. The suspects began hitting the victim. They took the victim's backpack as well as his iPod and cell phone. The suspects then got back into the car, in which there was a third person, and drove away eastbound on West Barrett Street. The victim was able to flag down a passing motorist and borrow a cell phone to call 9-1-1.
When police arrived the victim complained of pain in his head, his left knee and his right ankle, which was bloody. Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene to treat the victim. He said he was conscious the entire time, and he remembered the suspect vehicle's license plate number.
A similar attack occurred north of the scene of this robbery at around the same time. At the time of the police report police were unable to locate the suspects.

Bicycle Bandit
A woman called police at 3:22 p.m. on May 30 to report a robbery that had occurred that morning on Eagle Street in Queen Anne. The victim said she had been drinking in a bar the previous evening with friends.
At around 3 a.m. she had been walking home to her apartment located on Denny Way, when a man on a bicycle rode up to her and her friend. The bicyclist shoved her down and stole her purse, he then rode away westbound with her friend chasing him.
The victim said she does not remember the incident, because she was intoxicated. She said she only learned that the robbery occurred this afternoon when she woke up and discovered her purse was gone. She talked with her friend, who told her what had happened. She was not sure what the actual location of the robbery was, but believes it was on Eagle Street.
The victim was concerned about the many valuable items in her purse, including her wallet, which contained a social security card, a Washington state driver's license, a paycheck for $970 and a BlackBerry, valued at $200. The total value of her purse and items inside is estimated at $1,600.
The responding officer advised the victim to contact her bank immediately about her stolen bank cards, and gave her information on resources to call to report other stolen items.

Serial Burglars
At 5:49 a.m. on May 30 police responded to reports of an occupied burglary that had just been interrupted by the resident in the 3000 block of 38th Avenue West. Upon arrival the victim said he had woken up to a thumping noise and went to investigate it. At the same time his dog started getting excited. He went to the back yard and saw two males. One was trying to get the dog to be quiet.
The resident said he went out onto the back deck and said, "What the hell are you doing?" At which point the suspects took off running southbound on 38th Avenue West. One of the suspects stopped at the driver's side of a silver SUV, later identified as an unreported stolen vehicle, a few houses down the street and was doing something inside the vehicle. The suspect then continued running down the street.
One suspect was found running eastbound on West Dravus Street from 37th Avenue West. After he was Mirandized the suspect said he had been breaking into houses. The K-9 unit was called to the scene and tracked southbound on West Dravus Street and then eastbound on Barrett Street.
The K-9 unit discovered a house in the 3000 block of 37th Avenue West had been broken into. The unit continued on and later found the second suspect hiding in the back yard of a house on 37th Avenue West. He was arrested.
Officers returned to the original home on 38th Avenue West and had the victim give a statement. Photos were taken of the scene and officers dusted for prints. The suspects had put duct tape on a window in an X. Burglary detectives were called to the West Precinct and took over the case.
While interviewing the suspects police learned that the suspects had taken a gun with them during one of their burglaries. One of the suspects was taken to Harborview for injuries and then booked into jail. His mother was called and notified he had been arrested.

Tripped Alarm
Police responded to an alarm call at a home in the 2500 block of 13th Avenue West at 5:02 a.m. on May 30. Upon arrival officers found a window on the south side of the house fully open with freshly stirred dirt directly under the window. Immediately inside of he window was a dirt footprint on a desk.
The exterior of the house was search and no other signs of entry or openings were found. An officer used the same open window to gain access to the house. Inside officers searched for suspects, but there were none. It was unclear what, if anything, had been taken from the house. It was currently under renovation, and in general disarray.
Nobody was able to contact the homeowner, including police and the alarm company. There were no fingerprints found at the scene.

Mysterious Footsteps
A man who lives on West Highland Drive called 9-1-1 to report he heard footsteps downstairs at 4:09 a.m. on May 30. Police responded to the home and found that a back door had been pried, but it did not look like the suspect had been successful, as it wasn't open.
The homeowner let police inside the house, and after searching, it was determined there were no burglars inside. The homeowner said there had been no damage to the back door prior to this morning.

Interrupted Break In
At 3:57 a.m. on May 30 police responded to a burglary call at a home located in the 1600 block of 3rd Avenue West. Upon arrival officers discovered wet shoe prints on some stepping stones in the front yard.
The homeowners said neither of them had been outside. Officers searched the exterior of the house to secure the scene, and could not locate any suspects.
In the back of the house a window was broken. Access had not been gained to the house. Officers dusted for fingerprints, but were not able to find any.
The victims said that the wife had heard a rapping at the window. She woke up her husband and the sound stopped. Then they heard the window down stairs break. The man grabbed the dog and went down stairs to investigate. He saw the broken window but did not see anyone else.
[[In-content Ad]]