Police Blotter 6/23

Traffic Stop Robbery
A man called police at 7:37 a.m. on June 5 to report he'd been robbed while stopped at a traffic light at the intersection of Elliot Avenue West and West Mercer Street. He said he had bought coffee at a coffee stand located just south of West Mercer Street on Elliot Avenue West at 7:15 a.m. After making the purchase he had left his wallet on his lap.
While waiting at the red light the man was punched unexpectedly on the side of the mouth by an unknown suspect he had not seen before. The suspect grabbed the man's wallet; he then put his hand behind his back and said, "Give me your ring."
Fearing the suspect had a gun; the victim gave the suspect his ring. The suspect then ran westbound across Elliot and was last seen running southbound on Elliot. The victim did not have a cell phone, so he drove to his workplace and borrowed somebody else's phone to call 911.
Responding police contacted an employee at the coffee stand who was able to confirm the victim had purchased coffee there, but was unable to provide any other information. There were no other 911 calls regarding the robbery that had taken place in a busy intersection.
The victim had a small mark on his lip, but no other injuries.

Delayed 911 Call
Police responded to a burglary alarm call at 8:18 a.m. on June 7 at a home located in the 500 block of Galer Street. The victim had been notified of the alarm activation by the alarm company at 1:30 a.m. The motion sensors were active for 30 minutes. However, the homeowner was flying out of the area and unable to call 911 until 6:19 a.m.
Police met with the homeowner's brother who had a key to the home. The house was empty and the rear door had been forced open with a shovel.
Inside the home several rooms had been ransacked. The victim's brother was not able to give a detailed list of missing items. The residence in the process of being remodeled, and tools and scaffolding were everywhere.
Police were unable to come up with any evidence or clues as to who broke into the house and what was taken.

Storage Area Break-in
A man called police to report an apparent burglary at 1 p.m. on June 14. Police responded to the scene in the 1500 block of Thomas Street. The complainant said he had been in the building's storage area, which is located in the rear of the building on the bottom level, on June 7 and all was well. On this day at about 10:30 a.m. he went into the storage are and noticed the door of a room had been forced open. He noticed that the main door to the storage area showed no signs of damage. However the room's door had been damaged. Part of the door was hanging from the still intact padlock.
The complainant said he was only able to tell that a few things make have been handled, taken from the shelf and placed on the floor. He said the room houses nothing but office supplies and old records, nothing of real value.
It is unknown what time the burglary occurred, or if the main door to the storage area had been left open or if the person involved had a key.

Burglar Cuts Himself
A man called 911 at 4:35 a.m. on June 8 to report somebody had attempted to break into his house, and left a trail of blood from a broken window around the back of his house and down the sidewalk in front of his house. Police responded to the man's house, located in the 1100 block of Republican Street.
The victim said he had been getting ready to go to work when he noticed the blood and broken window at the back of the house at 3:45 a.m. The man's wife said she had heard some glass break at about 3:25 a.m. but didn't think anything of it. The broken glass was a small pane of a larger window closest to the rear door.
Police believe the burglar was attempting to gain access to the house using the rear door by breaking a window and reaching through to unlock the door. The burglar had cut him or herself very badly on the glass while attempting to reach the door. Police believe they gave up because it was too far to reach.
There was blood all over a wall inside the house near the window, as well as down the back deck from the back door and up the front sidewalk.
Police tried to follow the trail of blood as far as they could, but it became impossible. They were unable to find the suspect in the area. There were no fingerprints found at the scene.

Dog Door Burglar
Police responded to a reported burglary at a home located in the 3200 block of 13 Avenue West at 5:57 p.m. on June 9. The victim said his wife left the home at 10 a.m. and that was the last time either of them was at the residence until he returned home at 5 p.m. When he returned he discovered somebody had broken into the house.
There were no signs of forced entry to the home, so the man said he believed maybe the suspect came in through the dog door or a possibly unlocked back door.
There were no fingerprints or distinguishable clues left at the scene.

Center House Assault
Two police officers were dispatched to respond to a reported assault at the Center House in Seattle Center at 2:34 p.m. on June 9. While walking through the Seattle Center grounds the officers were flagged down by a witness who pointed out the suspect sitting by the fountain.
Upon making contact with the suspect, the officers noticed he had a compass in his hand. They told him to put it down; he put it in his backpack. The suspect was escorted to the Seattle Police Department offices in the Center House.
One officer went upstairs and spoke with the victim, who said there had been an incident earlier in the day at about 9:15 a.m. wherein the suspect became argumentative and would not follow direction. Eventually security was called, but by the time they arrived the suspect had left the scene. Later the suspect returned and was out on the patio area outside the doors of the Center House.
The suspect was told he could wait out on the patio until his ride came, but that he could not come back into the Center House. However, the suspect came inside anyway. The victim saw the suspect inside and confronted him. The suspect punched the victim in her left arm. The victim said she saw something in the suspect's hand and thought it was a pencil. She said her arm was tender after the punch. The suspect then wet back outside where the police officers had found him. The victim submitted a written statement to the police.
The police officers called the suspect's parents. His father responded to the police department's Center House office and took custody of the suspect.[[In-content Ad]]