Police Blotter 6/16

Overnight Intrusion
A woman called police at 8:57 a.m. on May 30 to report somebody had broken into her townhouse in the middle of the night. When police arrived at her home in the 1800 block of 12th Avenue West, the victim said that she had gone to sleep in her upstairs bedroom a little after midnight on May 30.
Sometime after she had gone to bed, an unidentified suspect entered her home through a downstairs bedroom, which is used by the residents as a musical instruments room, and walked around the lower floor of the townhouse.
Police suspect the intruder snapped off the locking mechanism of the window latch at the lower bedroom, and then reached inside to unlock an adjacent door. Another bedroom and the family room showed evidence of the suspect's presence, as drawers, doors and display cases were left opened. There was no ransacking, and nothing appeared to have been taken.
Police were able to locate several palm and fingerprints on the window and door at the point of entry.

Attempted intrusion
A woman called police at about 3 a.m. on May 30 to report somebody was attempting to break into her home, located in the 1600 block of Eighth Avenue West. She said somebody had been trying to pry open the French doors on the northeast side of her house. She heard the noise and said she believes that when she got up, the suspects fled the area.
There was visible damage to the French doors, but the suspect was unable to open the doors, which remained locked. An exterior check of the home did not reveal any additional evidence of forced entry.

Memorial Break In
A woman called police to report her home had been burglarized over the Memorial Day weekend. She returned to her home, located in the 3000 block of 37th Avenue West, on May 31 at 4:22 p.m. She had been gone since noon on May 28. There was a note on her front door that had been left by the Seattle Police Department. It informed her a related burglary had taken place wherein an arrest had been made.
At her home, it appeared as though somebody had broken into her house through a north basement window. The suspect had removed the exterior screen from the window, and was then able to open the unlocked window.
Once the suspect gained entry to the house the alarm sounded. The responding officer believes the alarm scared the suspect away.
The victim told police she did not think anything had been taken from her home.

Storage Burglary
Police responded to an apartment building located in the 1100 block of Ninth Avenue West when a resident called at 8:15 p.m. on May 31 to report her storage room had been broken into.
The victim told police that prior to this day at 8:05 p.m., when a neighbor alerted her of the break in, she had not checked on her storage room since the summer of 2009.
The only access to the storage room area is through the laundry room. There were no signs of tampering or forced entry to the laundry room door or the main door to the storage room area. The suspect apparently gained entry to the victim's storage room by cutting the padlock.
The victim told police the items inside the room were rummaged through but nothing was taken.

Stolen Bicycles
A man called police to report his two bicycles had been stolen from the parking garage at his apartment building, located in the 2400 block of Thorndyke Place West. He discovered the theft on June 1 at 6:31 p.m. He had not previously checked on his bicycles since May 10.
The parking garage is separate from the apartment building, but on the same property. All residents have access to the garage via key. There is a large common space inside for residents to store items.

Interrupted Burglary
A building manager called 911 to report he saw two people unknown to him inside a rented studio suite on the ground floor of an apartment building located in the 2000 block of West Dravus Street at 12:38 a.m. on June 2.
The manager confronted the suspects who then fled the building. The manager followed the suspects northbound on 20th Avenue West and caught up with one of the suspects about a block away from the scene. He grabbed the suspect by the shoulders.
The manager said the second suspect yelled at the other to hurry up, at which point the first suspect pulled out a pocket knife and said to the manager, "Look man, I don't want to do this."
The manager lost sight of the suspects as they headed northbound on Gilman Avenue West. Police were unable to locate the suspects.
The manager said he believes the two suspects gained access to the building by way of the parking garage. There was no damage to the entry door of the studio unit and it is unknown if the door was unlocked. The manager does not believe the suspects stole anything. There were no fingerprints found at the scene.

Small World
A record store employee called police one June 6 at 3:16 p.m. after he discovered somebody had broken into his storage locker and stolen his vinyl records.
He discovered the theft on June 3 when somebody came into his store and attempted to sell him his own records. The man recognized his records, because he had written his name on them.
The suspect told the victim he had obtained the records from a friend who had passed away. He was cooperative, and gave the records back to the victim.
He went home to his apartment, located in the 3500 block of 27th Place West, and checked his storage locker. The lock had been broken, and the door was open. The records were gone.
The victim told police that today, while he was in the lobby of his apartment building, he saw the suspect who had tried to sell him his stolen records.
He confronted the suspect, who said he lived in the building. He said he had a twin brother who probably committed the burglary.
The victim said after he told the victim he had surveillance video of him trying to sell back the stolen records the suspect left the lobby and headed towards the parking area.
Police discovered the victim's storage locker is located next to the suspect's storage locker. The victim said that since he had received his records back, he just wanted a police report to document the incident had occurred so he could give it to the building manager.

A woman called police at 9:35 p.m. June 7 to report her house had been broken into. The victim stated she had left her house, located in the 3800 block of 33rd Avenue West, at 7:30 p.m. and when she returned at 9:30 the house had been ransacked.
Police believe the suspect entered the house by opening an unlocked kitchen window and reaching inside to unlock the kitchen door in the rear of the house. The suspect stole a computer from the living room, microphones from the basement and car keys from a small box in the victim's bedroom.
A fingerprint search produced no results.[[In-content Ad]]