Police blotter 5/26

You Got Served
After being hit by a car in the 600 block of West Mercer Place, a man called police at 6:47 p.m. on May 11. He said he had been trying to contact a male subject who lives at the location. The victim was attempting to serve the subject papers. When he saw a car he suspected belonged to the subject, he approached the vehicle.
The man crossed in front of the car, which was being driven by a woman, and it failed to stop when the man was in front of it. The car struck the man, who was knocked onto the hood of the vehicle then rolled off onto the ground.
The car drove away without stopping. The man had some minor injuries to his knee. Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene, and treated the victim's medical needs.

Annoyed Robber
A woman called police at 12:39 a.m. on May 13 to report she had been assaulted on the street in East Queen Anne. She said she had been walking home a little after midnight and was listening to music on her iPhone with her earbuds in.
When she got to the intersection of Taylor Avenue North and Ward Street, a man grabbed the sleeve of her jacket from behind and turned her around. He then grabbed her purse and asked her where her keys where. When she didn't respond he shoved her to the ground and walked away.
The victim did not suffer any injuries and the man did not take her purse or anything else.

Phone Thief
At 1:14 a.m. on May 14 police responded to the scene of an attempted robbery at Third Avenue and Clay Street. The victim said he had been walking southbound on Second Avenue North a little after 1 a.m.
When he approached the intersection of Second Avenue North and Broad Street a man wearing a light blue hoodie and plaid shorts came up behind him and asked if he could use his phone.
The suspect said he needed to call a cab for him and his girlfriend. The victim offered to call a cab for him, but refused to give the suspect his phone. The suspect then reached down and tried to slap the phone out of the victim's hand. The victim held on to his phone and the suspect turned and ran westbound on Broad Street. The victim followed the male to Third Avenue and Cedar Street, but lost him as the suspect ran eastbound.
Several police units performed an area check and were unable to locate the suspect.
Laptop Thief
A police officer responded to a home located in the 200 block of 13th Avenue West at 10:04 p.m. on May 13 after the resident called to report a burglary. Sometime between noon and 10 p.m. somebody had shattered the rear slider window of the house and stolen an Acer netbook and power cord. The victim said nothing else was taken or disturbed. Police believe a large planter style rock from the back yard was used to break the window.
The victim informed the police officer that a couple of months prior the down stairs apartment had been broken into in the same fashion. Somebody stole two laptops from the unit. The victim estimated the damage to the window would cost $300 to repair.

Laptop lifted
Residents of a home located in the 3800 block of 13th Avenue West called police at 5:46 p.m. on May 17 to report their home had been broken into. They said the only period in which all of the roommates of the residence had been away at the same time was between 4:45 p.m. and 5:25 p.m.
When they returned home they found a ground floor window on the east side of the town house had been pushed up. A shrubbery from outside the window had been dragged inside. The ground floor and exterior door was unlocked. Four computers had been stolen.
One laptop was missing from a ground floor room, a desktop computer was missing from the middle floor kitchen and dining area, and the other two laptops were missing from third floor bedrooms.
Police were able to uncover fingerprints from inside the window that had been pushed up. More prints were found on an external hard drive that had been detached from one of the stolen laptops.

Burglarized biz
A manager at a new hotel, which is not yet open for business, located in the 100 block of Sixth Avenue North, called police to report a burglary at the business on May 16 at 5:27 p.m.
Upon arrival police spoke with the victim, who showed them a rear office area from which his laptop, digital camera, video camera and several gift cards were stolen. He said a rear garage door facing the alley had been left open for unloading supplies. The office area was also open and unlocked.
At about 4 p.m. a "scruffy" looking man had been seen in the lobby area. This unknown man had no reason to be on the premises, said the victim. Security at the front door had not seen the man enter. They asked if they could help the man, and he walked out of the building.
When the victim went back to his office he discovered his property had been taken. Surveillance video was recording in the lobby and office areas. However, at the time of the police report a monitor had not been set up. Police were unable to view the surveillance video.

Where's my CDs?
A woman called police and said her car had been broken into on May 14. She said she had parked her car in her secured apartment garage located in the 100 block of Second Avenue North at 8 p.m. on May 13. When she returned to her car the next day at 3 p.m. she discovered her drivers side window had been broken out. Inside the car, the dashboard was torn apart and her stereo was missing. Four CDs had also been taken. There were no witnesses to the event.

Come on in
A man returning home to his apartment located in the 600 block of Comstock Street from vacation in Hawaii at 8 p.m. on May 16 called police after he went to check on his car in his apartment's parking garage and discovered it had been broken into. The rear window of the SUV had been shattered, and his belongings had been rifled through. After calling police the man called his building's manager.
The manager was able to find surveillance video of the suspect attempting to make entrance into the building at 1 a.m. on May 16. The suspect first tried pushing random buttons, and then tried to jimmy the lock with a pocketknife. The manager suspects the man got in when a tenant returning home let him in.
The garage's surveillance tape shows the suspect just after 1:12 a.m. casing cars in the garage. At 1:25 a.m. the suspect went off camera in the area of the victim's SUV and stayed out of view of the camera for several minutes.
The victim stated he was missing a Garmin Nuvi GPS valued at $150, an iPod valued at $100, iPod charger cords valued at $40 and the garage remote issued by the apartment which is capable of gaining access to the garage.
The officer was unable to locate any fingerprints at the scene.[[In-content Ad]]