Police Blotter 5/19

Bank Robbery
On May 10 at 11:42 a.m. a man walked into a bank in the 1600 block of Queen Anne Avenue North and handed a teller a note that read, "This is a robbery. No alarms. No tracers. No dye packs. Give me the money."
After being handed an undetermined amount of cash, the suspect left southbound on Queen Anne Avenue North. Police were called to the scene.

High seas burglary
A man told police that he went to check on his boat on May 5, for the first time since April 3, at 11:20 a.m. The boat is moored in the 2100 block of West Commodore Way. When he arrived at his boat he found the door to the cabin open, and several items worth about $1,500 were missing from inside. There was no damage to the boat itself.

Bloody Face Screamer
At 11:45 p.m., May 7, Workers at a grocery store in the 500 block of First Avenue North called police to report a man standing on the sidewalk in front of the store, bleeding from the face and yelling. Police responded to the scene to find a large pool of blood on the sidewalk, but the man was not there. Employees of the store said the man had left, walking northbound on First Avenue North.
Police were able to locate the man in the 100 block of West Mercer Street. He was bleeding with a possible broken nose. He was extremely uncooperative, possibly intoxicated, and screaming, "This is what I get for running my mouth. That idiot didn't want to hear the truth."
The man wouldn't provide any further information to police. Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene and treated the man. He was later transported to the hospital by ambulance.

Stupid Criminal
Sometime between 9 p.m. May 7 and 8 a.m. May 8, somebody threw a paint can through the six-foot by six-foot front window of a restaurant in the 2200 block of 32nd Avenue West. It appeared the suspect cut themselves trying to crawl through the broken window, but was unsuccessful in trying to enter the restaurant as nothing was taken from inside. Estimated cost of repairing the window is $500.

Tire Thief
On May 12 at 3:53 p.m. a man reported a burglary to police. He said somebody had stolen the front wheel of his bicycle from his garage. The man lives in the 500 block of West Roy Street, and has a community-shared garage. He told police the garage is only accessed by residents, but occasionally contractors are allowed in for repairs.
The man said he got one of his two bicycles out of the garage at noon on May 11. When he returned at 12:30 a.m. on May 12, the gated area inside the garage where his bicycles were locked was unlocked and wide open. Upon entering the gated area he saw the front tire was missing. He was sure it was there before he left.

Old Buddies Fight
A man called police at 2:25 a.m. on May 7 to report he had been assaulted at his home located in the 3200 block of 21st Avenue West. Police had already been dispatched to a disturbance at this address at 1:17 a.m. this same morning. When the responding officer arrived the victim was being transported to Harborview Medical Center by ambulance. The officer went to Harborview to speak with the victim, who was difficult to understand due to slurred speech because of intoxication and a possible broken jaw.
The victim was able to tell the officer he had been drinking with a friend he had known for 17 years. His friend punched him, the victim said, because he thought he was going to get punched. The two men had been roommates years ago, but the suspect is now homeless. The victim had a broken jaw and was given morphine at Harborview, so the officer was unable to get any more information from him.
Back at the victim's home the officer was able to speak to his roommates. One said he had opened his door to tell the victim to be quiet, and he saw him swinging a chain around. He said the victim had hit his door with the chain. Nobody was able to provide details of the assault.

Once bitten, twice shy
On May 7 at 10:02 a.m. an officer responded to a reported strong-arm robbery that occurred at Western Avenue and Wall Street. The officer met the victim at the Mexican Consulate. The victim said that at about 9:40 a.m. he had been in the area of Western Avenue and Wall Street when, while walking on the sidewalk, he was grabbed from behind.
The suspect wrapped their arm around the victim's neck and threw him on the ground. The victim landed on his left arm, scratching his elbow and hand. He said he was able to bite the suspect on the hand.
Once on the ground the victim was surrounded by three men. He was unable to provide descriptions of the suspects, but was able to give details about the one who threw him to the ground.
One of the suspects grabbed the victim's keys and cell phone and told him if he wanted them back he would have to pay. The victim gave him $20, and the items were returned. The victim walked to Third Avenue and Blanchard Street where he called the police.

Dog Walk Break-In
A man called police at 7:11 p.m. on May 4 to report somebody had broken into his apartment and stolen his laptop. He said his wife was home alone at the apartment, located in the 600 block of Galer Street, on May 3 when she decided to walk the dog at 10:15 p.m.
She and the dog returned to the apartment at 10:30 p.m. She realized, to her shock, that the laptop was missing. It had been sitting on the dining room table. The suspect had left the mouse and power cable.
The man told police that the dining room is deep within the apartment. The suspect had to walk through the entire length of the apartment to reach the laptop. He said he has no idea who would have taken his laptop. He suspects, however, it was somebody who knew their schedule, as they knew when his wife was going to walk the dog.

Overnight Break-In
Police responded to the scene of a burglary in the 600 block of Valley Street at 9:26 a.m. on May 4. The victim said he had left his apartment at 10 p.m. on May 3. When he returned at 7:45 a.m. on May 4, he found his apartment had been broken into.
A rear basement window had been pulled completely out of the frame with an unknown tool, and its corner was bent. The glass in the window was fully intact. Taken from the dresser drawer was $180 in cash. An iPod, which was lying on the dresser next to the cash, was left untouched.
Police searched the scene for fingerprints but were unable to find any. There were sneaker or boot prints found in the dirt outside the basement window. Other residents of the building were unable to provide any information to police about the incident.[[In-content Ad]]