Police blotter 4/7

Stick fight
Two police officers were patrolling the area of Ninth Avenue North and Broad Street at 3:59 a.m. on March 14 when they observed two men fighting on the Southwest corner of the intersection. The suspect stood above the victim holding him to the ground. He threw punches into the victim's torso, swinging wildly.
The suspect then stood up and grabbed a stick from the ground, grasping it with two hands. He then proceeded to jab the stick into the victim's torso.
The victim flayed from side to side, putting his hands up in an attempt to stop the blows. The officers rushed to the scene to stop the assault. One officer ordered the suspect to put his hands up and he refused. The suspect was then taken into custody.
The victim declined medical attention. He had minor swelling on his face. He declined to give the officers any information, saying he forgot why they were fighting.
During this time the two argued and forgave each other multiple times. The suspect shouted threats of violence towards the victim if he pressed charges. The victim responded with threats of his own. They then apologized to each other and told each other how much they cared about each other.
The suspect was booked into King County Jai for assault.

Aggressive beggar
Police responded to reports of an aggressive panhandler at the intersection of Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street at 7:08 p.m. on March 12. The caller called 911 to report the panhandler was in the roadway blocking traffic and intimidating motorists. According to the caller the panhandler had been actively pressing for change from a motorist next to him as they waited for a traffic signal.
The suspect then walked over to another vehicle and asked for change. The driver ignored him, so he walked in front of the vehicle. When the light turned green the suspect refused to move. The driver honked his horn and gave a hand gesture to move. The suspect then walked over, while pointing in a threatening manner, to the driver's window and began cursing and threatening to beat the driver up.
When a police officer arrived the suspect was no longer in the roadway. He was located lying on the median grassy area with two other men. When the officer approached, the suspect pretended to be sleeping. When the officer asked him to wake up, the suspect became belligerent and started yelling profanities at one of the other men. He then laid back down and began flailing toward the victim. He then sat up and picked up branches and dirt, throwing them at the victim. He then spat at the victim several times before the officer could intervene.
The suspect was arrested ad booked at King County Jail for assault and pedestrian interference.

Stolen Car
Sometime between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Mar. 22 somebody broke into a home located in the 1800 block of 9th Avenue West. The suspect stole the hard drive that was hooked to her two desktop computers in the front room. Also stolen was a 20-year-old red Mercedes from the front of the house.
There were no signs of forced entry. Police were able to lift four latent prints from the computer desk.

Break room theft
An officer responded to reports of a theft at a drugstore located in the 600 block of First Avenue North at 5:20 a.m. on March 19. The victim, an employee, said he and the night manager were working the night shift when the suspect entered the store at about 1:20 a.m.
The suspect asked to refill his water bottle. The employee directed the suspect to the restroom at the back of the store. However, he later saw the suspect walking out of the employee break room. The victim later found his jacket missing from the break room. In his jacket were his house and car keys.

Townhouse break in
On March 22 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. somebody broke into a townhouse located in the 2100 block of Waverly Place North. The home is one of eight built on a formerly single family lot. The adjacent unit was also broken into on this day.
The front door to the house had been forced open, bending the metal door and tearing apart the dead bolt. The only missing items were two pieces of jewelry and change from a nightstand.

At Home break in
A man called police at 1:51 p.m. on March 20 and said somebody had just broken into his home. He had been working in his yard on the south side of his home in the 2700 block of West Hayes Street. The main entrance of the house is on the west side facing a church. The man walked around to the entrance, at the same time the suspect was exiting his house. The suspect said he was looking for another address and then left running northbound behind the church towards West Condon Way.
The victim went into the house looking to see if anything was amiss. He saw his wallet and some of his wife's jewelry were missing from the top of the dresser. He then got into his car to search for the suspect. He wasn't able to find him.
The officer arrived at the same time as the victim's wife. She said she was missing a number of pieces of jewelry. She said the loss was substantial, as many of the pieces were one of a kind. She has pictures of each piece.
The officer was able to lift some prints from a jewelry box. Another officer responded for an area search for the suspect. He was not located, but was seen in the area of West 32nd Street and West McGraw Street by witnesses.

MacGyver style
The property manager of a Public Storage facility located in the 3000 block of 15th Avenue West reported a strange theft to police on March 18. He said one of their renters broke into the storage space directly next to his and stole several items. The burglary was discovered after they opened his locker to inspect it for auction.
The suspect was behind on his payments. The storage manager opened the suspect's locker to inspect it for auction. Once inside the locker he found that the suspect had used a pry bar to remove a segment of the particleboard wall that separated his locker from the victim's. He was then able to climb inside and pull several items into his locker. A pry bar and a five-gallon bucket were inside his locker.
After several attempts to reach him, a man with the suspect's name contacted them and said he never rented a storage locker, and that his identity had been stolen several months ago. The man provided the storage manager with contact information for a Lynnwood Police Department detective who had arrested the suspect who stole the man's identity. The detective told the manager he and the theft victim would need to file a burglary report with the Seattle Police.
The victim told police the last time she accessed her storage locker was in late October of 2009. It had been full of boxes and furniture. She was able to identify several items inside the suspect's locker as hers. She told police her total loss will exceed $5000.[[In-content Ad]]