Police Blotter 4/28

OverZealous Security
A man told police he was punched in the face twice by a security guard at McCaw Hall, located in the 300 block of Mercer Street, when he was attending a show on the evening of April 18. The man said he approached the stage at what he thought was the end of the show to take pictures with his cell phone. The suspect began to push the man and told him, harshly, to go sit down. The entertainer then came back out for an encore.
After the performance, everybody was filing out of the hall. The man had to walk past the suspect to leave, and as he passed he commented on the suspect's behavior. The man said the suspect's eyes got big and he proceeded to punch him in the face twice.
The victim then contacted the manager, who spoke with the suspect and then told the victim the suspect said he had felt threatened by the victim. The man then called 911, but there were no officers available. He decided to call the next day.
On April 19 the victim returned to McCaw Hall and called 911. An officer responded to the scene, but the manager and suspect were not there. The victim said he wanted to press charges.

Nice Guys Get Punched
Police responded to a report of an assault at a bar located at First Avenue West and West Mercer Street, at 1:20 a.m. on April 18. An officer spoke with the victim, who said he was leaving the bar when he saw the suspect cursing and pulling on a woman. The victim said he approached the suspect and asked his name because he did not like the way he was treating the woman. He said the suspect then approached him and punched him on the right side of the face.
The victim had a red mark on the side of his face. Two witnesses and the victim were able to positively identify the suspect, who was placed under arrest and later booked into King County Jail for assault.

Man versus chair
A man was reportedly hit in the face with a chair during a verbal argument at a bar located in the 100 block of First avenue North at 1:45 a.m. on April 17. Upon arrival at the scene, an officer spoke with the victim who said he had advised the suspect to leave. While leaving the suspect picked up the chair and swung it at the victim's face.
The suspect was not at the scene when the officer arrived. At 2:19 a.m. the suspect returned to the scene with two other people. The officer, who also returned to the scene after the suspect returned, placed the suspect under arrest.
The suspect had a Glock 36 magazine with .45 caliber rounds in it, which he dropped on the floor inside the bar.
The victim had a gash over his right eye that was treated at Swedish Ballard.

P-Patch Brawl
Police responded to a pay phone in the 1500 block of West Dravus Street from which a man had called 911 to report he had been assaulted. The call was made at 11:19 p.m. on April 16.
Upon arrival officers spoke with the victim who was bleeding from the top of his head. He said he had been in an argument with a man at the Interbay p-patch off West Wheeler Street. He said during the argument the suspect hit him in the head with a metal object, possibly a pipe.
The victim said the argument started because the victim saw the suspect being rude to the women who were in the p-patch. Seattle Fire Department responded to the scene the treat the man's head wound. He was transported by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center for possible stitches.
The victim was unable to provide police with a good description of the suspect, but told them which alley he lives in. Police searched the alley and some brush, but were unable to locate the suspect.

Quick to Accuse
A man told police he exited a bus downtown and quickly realized he had lost his wallet. This happened around 4:11 p.m. on April 16. He saw the same bus a bit later and got back on it to look for the wallet. He asked two men who had been sitting in the rear of the bus near the seat the complainant had been sitting in if they had seen his wallet. One of the men leaned over and picked up the complainant's wallet from under a nearby seat.
The complainant inspected the wallet and found $190 missing. He was convinced the two men had taken it and followed them when they exited the bus at First Avenue North and Mercer Street and simultaneously called 911. The men told police they did not even notice the wallet until the complainant asked them if they had seen it.
Police note that a significant amount of time had elapsed from when the wallet was first lost and the two men boarded the bus.

Caught Burglar
A man was in his home office when he looked out his window and noticed somebody walking toward his house in the 2900 block of 24th Avenue West. This happened at 11:34 a.m. on April 15. The man was recently the victim of an attempted burglary, thus was immediately weary. As he watched from inside, he saw the suspect looking into the windows of the house. The knocked and pounded on the doors, and walked around to the backyard, where he eventually forced open the back door.
While the suspect was casing the house, the victim armed himself with a handgun and prepared to call 911. When the suspect forced open the back door, he fell into the house and got tangled up with the door. Before he could get up the victim confronted the suspect.
The suspect fled, but dropped his cell phone at the scene. Officers responded to the victim's 911 call and secured the scene while other units checked the area for the suspect. Shortly after an officer spotted the suspect a few blocks from the scene, in the 2200 block of West Armor Street. This resulted in a chase. A second officer spotted the suspect in the 3000 block of 24th Avenue West. This officer detained the suspect and transported him back to the scene. The victim was able to positively identify the suspect.
The suspect was arrested for residential burglary.

Stolen Trailer
A man reported that his trailer had been stolen sometime between 11:45 p.m. on April 13 and 7 a.m. on April 14. The victim said he had parked the trailer in the secured garage of his apartment building located in the 300 block of Second Avenue West.
Sometime during the night an unknown suspect entered the garage, cut the locks and wiring off his vehicle and maneuvered the trailer out from behind it.
The garage is accessed by a key card, so it is unknown how the suspect entered.

Overnight Burglary
Sometime in the night between April 12 and April 13 a burglar broke into an office building located in the 200 block of West Mercer Street. One business was victimized. Seven offices within the business had the file drawers pried open and rifled through. The receptionist desk had also been pried open. There was nothing missing, according to an employee.
There were pry marks on the stair well door the leads to the third floor hall. However, no pry marks were left on the interior doors.[[In-content Ad]]