Police Blotter 4/21

Police responded to the intersection of 11th Avenue West and West Blaine Street after receiving a report of an assault at 9:40 p.m. on April 11. Upon arrival police spoke with the victim who stated he had been in an argument with the suspect when the suspect suddenly became aggressive and punched him on the left side of his face. The victim had a red mark on the left side of his face.
Police then spoke with the suspect who neither admitted to nor denied punching the victim. The suspect provided police with his full name and a records check reviled he had a felony warrant for escaping community custody with no bail. The suspect was placed under arrest.

Cop sees assault
On April 10 at 11:10 p.m. a man was arrested after charging and punching another man in front of a police officer in the 500 block of Queen Anne Avenue North. The officer had been on patrol driving southbound on Queen Anne Avenue North when he was flagged down by a person who said there was a man causing a disturbance.
When the officer approached the man he said he didn't have a problem, but that everybody around him did. He told the officer he had been in a fight earlier with some guys at Dick's Drive-in. The officer noticed blood on the man's face, and when he asked if he needed medical assistance the man began using vulgar language. The man began screaming and yelling.
When another man walked by and laughed, the suspect charged him and threw a punch, which the victim was able to avoid. The officer then placed the suspect under arrest for assault.

Queen Anne Mugging
At 10:30 p.m. on April 9 a man walked into a store located in the 500 block of Mercer Street and took an employee's personal coffee mug that was sitting on a shelf. A short time later, another employee saw the suspect with the mug. The employee recognized the mug as belonging to his co-worker. He asked his co-worker if his mug was missing, which the co-worker confirmed, and the two employees confronted the suspect.
The suspect used some choice words to tell the employees to leave him alone, stating, "It's my mug now." The suspect then made a quick movement forward like he was going to throw hot liquid on the victim. The victim quickly grabbed the mug from the suspect's hand. The suspect slapped the mug out of the victim's hand, knocking it onto the ground.
The employees were able to detain the suspect. An off duty police officer assisted in handcuffing the suspect. On duty police officers later arrived to arrest the suspect. The suspect told police he was planning on returning to the store the next day. They told him he was not allowed to go back to the store. He repeated threats to return to the store multiple times. He told police he had stolen the mug because somebody had recently stolen his. The suspect was booked into King County Jail.

Surprise, whammo!
A woman told police she had been standing in front of a bar located in the 300 block of First Avenue North at 1:15 a.m. on April 4, when a woman she knows through friends came out of nowhere and punched her in the face. The victim said she blacked out for a second.
The suspect told the victim she was going to kill her. She then began pacing back and forth in front of the victim in an effort to intimidate her. She then left the scene.
When police arrived the suspect was gone. When asked what would provoke the suspect to walk up and punch her, the victim said she thinks the suspect is jealous of her.

Deserved Punch
A suspect stated he and his extremely drunk girlfriend were leaving a bar located in the 100 block of West Mercer Street at 11:45 p.m. on April 2 when she turned her ankle. He was helping her walk when a cab pulled to the curb. A man, who was sitting in the front seat, rolled down the window and said, "Hey, did your bitch fall down?" The suspect then punched the man in the nose through the cab window.
The suspect was still at the scene when police arrived. He did not appear intoxicated, and he told police he had become upset and punched the victim without thinking.
"I did something really dumb," the suspect said. "I punched him. I made a really bad decision, and it is just not like me to do something like that."
The victim had a bloody nose and was treated at the scene by Seattle Fire Department. He reunited with his sober friends in front of the bar, and they told police they were calling him another cab. The suspect was placed under arrest and booked into King County Jail for assault.

Red light robbery
Police responded to a robbery call at 1:05 a.m. on April 11. The victims stated they were sitting in a car at a red light at the intersection of John Street and Fifth Avenue North when a group of men began banging on the vehicle. The rear doors opened and the men began hitting and kicking the passengers in the back seat. During the assault the suspects took property from one of the passengers. Taken were the victim's cell phone, debit card and driver's license.
One of the victims told police he had been struck three times in the face and kicked. His lip was swollen and bleeding. While the victim was speaking with police he pointed out a male walking westbound on John Street and said that he was the one that punched him in the car. He recognized the suspect's black shirt with writing on it and his distinctive red shoes.
The suspect was taken into custody.

And they're off
A man called police from a gas station located in the 600 block of Denny Way to say he'd been robbed at 4:30 a.m. When a police officer arrived he was speaking with the suspect when he pointed out a silver car that was sitting in traffic on Denny Way. The victim said that the people in the car had robbed him.
The officer called for backup and began following the car in his patrol car. The officer turned his emergency lights on to stop the car when it entered Aurora Avenue North. The suspect car sped up, the turned into a parking lot where two back seat passengers exited the vehicle. One ran west across Aurora Avenue North and the other northeast and out of sight. The car then continued through the lot and onto Denny Way, then east to Dexter Avenue North, north to John Street and then to Denny Park.
The car pulled into another parking lot wherein the driver exited the car and ran eastbound. The officer arrested the front seat passenger. She stated she had nothing to do with the robbery and had wanted to get out of the car when she found out about it. She said she didn't know the driver, and really only knew one of the men she was with.
The victim's wallet was found on the driver's side floorboard.
Backup officers were able to locate the driver in an alley in the 2200 block of Eighth Avenue North. The woman positively identified the man as the driver. The victim was also driven to the location and was able to identify the suspect as one of the two men who had assaulted and robbed him.
The suspect was arrested and booked into King County Jail for robbery. The woman was released.
The victim was treated at the scene; he had a swollen forehead and a large cut on the inside of his right cheek.[[In-content Ad]]