A 39-year-old man arrested on the Seattle Pacific University campus after an alleged series of thefts that culminated with an attempt to steal a car early Monday morning will have his second court appearance later today.

Probable cause was found for arresting Etan M. Bennett for theft of a motor vehicle in the third degree, third-degree possession of stolen property, third-degree theft and vehicle prowling in the second degree during his first court appearance on Tuesday, according to the King County Prosecutor’s Office.

Seattle Police report officers responded to SPU around 5:30 a.m. Monday, June 3, after security called about a man seen on security cameras prowling cars on campus. This allegedly occurred after Bennett had gone into the campus security office to call for a ride and later became tired of waiting, according to an SPD Blotter post ridiculing the suspect for “an expanding-galaxy-brain series of escalating crimes on Monday,” referring to a popular online meme.

According to a probable cause statement by responding Officer Tre Smith, Bennett admitted to breaking into vehicles and stealing property.

The SPD Blotter post states Bennett had stolen backpacks, a guitar, amps and other items that were stashed on the sidewalk in the 600 block of West Emerson Street, and a television stolen in a break-in earlier that morning was left in a garbage can.

“The suspect then walked into the school’s security office and used their courtesy phone to call for a ride,” the blotter post states. “He apparently became impatient during the wait and left to steal a car to retrieve the items he’d taken in the prowl and burglary.”

Items allegedly found in Bennett’s possession during his arrest included a power drill, crow bar and pliers, according to Smith’s report.

The report states Bennett also admitted to stealing a vehicle with Oregon plates that was located at the scene.

SPD objected to releasing Bennett due to his criminal history, which includes 13 felonies, eight misdemeanors and eight gross misdemeanors, but the presiding judge released the suspect on his own recognizance on Monday. He is due back in court at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 5.