Shed burglary         

Police were called to a house in the 1800 block of Sixth Avenue West for a storage shed burglary at 4:47 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12.

The homeowner reported the shed, which is located in the backyard and accessed by an alley, was broken into sometime between 11:55 p.m. on Oct. 9 and 3:35 p.m. on Oct. 12. The lock was pried off the door. Nothing of value was taken.


Police responded at 6:32 a.m. Friday, Oct. 12, to a 911 call from an apartment in the 2200 block of Gilman Drive West reporting an occupied burglary that just occurred.

The caller said a suspect had just popped open his front door. Responding officers spoke with the victim, who said he was awakened by a rattling coming from the front door. He got up and saw the door pop open and the suspect walk into the apartment. The victim yelled at the suspect, who ran away shouting, “Leave me alone.” The victim said he could hear rattling noises coming from the suspect’s backpack as he was running away.

A canine unit was unsuccessful in locating the suspect.

Invaded Warehouse          

Police were called to a warehouse in the 800 block of Roy Street for a burglary at 12:33 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14.

Warehouse security showed police a section of windows that had been forced open. The metal bars outside the windows had been cut with a power tool. Officers checked the inside of the building and found nobody inside. There were no signs that anybody had been staying inside the building.

Busted deal           

Police responded to a building in the 300 block of Harrison Street at 8:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, after security officers called 911 to report they had a suspect in custody who’d swung a skateboard at a security officer’s head.

Responding officers took custody of the suspect, who was handcuffed and being held on the ground by security. A security officer reported that he’d found the suspect and another unknown suspect in the bathroom conducting a possible drug deal. He overheard their conversation and saw syringes in the suspects’ hands.

The security officer told the suspects they needed to leave and began escorting them to the exit door. The unknown suspect ran off and out the door. The suspect now in custody, however, verbally harassed the security officer while being escorted to the door, and then swung his skateboard at the security officer’s head. The officer ducked, but said the board was swung hard enough that it would have knocked him unconscious if it did hit his head. At that point the suspect was detained by security until police arrived.

Officers arrested him and searched his backpack. They found a large fixed-blade knife, two baggies of heroin, and a scale used for weighing drugs. He was arrested for assault, possession of a weapon, possession of narcotics, possession of narcotics equipment and trespassing.

Coming in swinging           

Police responded to a homeless shelter in the 100 block of Roy Street at 8:22 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, for an assault. A 911 caller from the shelter reported that a suspect was on scene swinging a baton at people, and he’d already hit two people.

Responding officers spoke with one victim, who said the suspect hit him on the wrist with a baton when he tried to break up a fight between the suspect and another person. Another victim said the suspect threatened to bash his car windows in and put him on life support.

Officers then spoke with a shelter staff member, who said the altercation started when the suspect tried to enter the shelter. The suspect is banned from the shelter because he regularly starts fights and creates a disturbance inside and around the shelter.

A client at the shelter tried to block the suspect, who is in an electric wheelchair, from entering the front door by blocking his path with a chair. The suspect became enraged and pulled out a baton and threatened to swing it at the client. The staff member told the client to go wait in his office while he called the police, but the suspect began following the client. That’s when he began swinging the baton and hitting the victims.

The suspect was arrested for assault. Because of his wheelchair, officers had to call an ambulance to transport the suspect to King County Jail for booking.