Stolen bike           

Police responded to a burglary at a duplex on West Etruria Street at noon on Friday, Sept. 21.

The homeowner reported his Schwinn bike was stolen from his detached garage. He said he’d noticed the garage door standing open at about 4:30 p.m. the day before. He went into the garage and noticed the $300 bike was missing. Police looked around the garage, but didn’t find any signs of forced entry.

Stolen tools           

Police responded to a burglary at a business in the 300 block of Third Avenue West at 3:01 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20.

The supervisor told office that someone broke into the building’s maintenance shop between 5:30 p.m. and 11 a.m. The burglar rummaged through all the storage containers in the shop and stole a new Dewalt socket set and a rekeying tool set. The estimated total value of the stolen items was $350.

Police weren’t sure how the suspect got into the building, but noted the maintenance shop is accessible via the secured parking garage. The door to the shop had been forced open. The suspect left a Swisher Sweet cigar and a pair brown Carhartt work pants behind.

Returning shoplifter           

Loss prevention at a store in the 100 block of Mercer Street called 911 at 8:36 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19, to report they’d apprehended a shoplifter who was also violating a criminal trespass. Responding officers spoke with the loss prevention employee, who said he’d stopped the suspect after watching him take multiple items off the shelves and exit the store without paying. He recognized him from a shoplifting incident a few weeks ago, where he was trespassed from the property.

The suspect told officers he was aware that he was trespassed from the store, and admitted that he returned to the store and stole again that day. Because of the trespass violation, the suspect was arrested for burglary.

Gas station hit

Police were dispatched to an alarm trip call at a gas station at 3 W. Nickerson St at 4:04 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 20. The front door and an interior motion alarm were repoted tripped at 3:58 a.m.

Responding officers found a security gate pushed away from the front door and a set of keys hanging from the front door’s lock. They went inside and found the cash register open, empty of all the bills except the ones. Cartons of cigarettes and lighters were scattered all over the floor inside the store and trailing out the front door.

Compromised luggage           

Police responded to an AirBnB in the 200 block of West Kinnear Place for a reported theft at 7:15 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21.

The victims said they’d left their luggage in the locked garage earlier that day, and they found their bags had been rifled through when they returned. A pair of Bose headphones and a MacBook were missing.

The victims said a cleaning crew had come to the house while they were away, and they suspect the cleaners may have taken their belongings.

Cheeto thief        

Seattle Center security called 911 at 1:54 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, to report a theft in the 300 block of Harrison Street.

A suspect had entered one of the buildings after hours and broke into a storage locker. He was found eating Cheetos and drinking beer that he’d taken from a vendor’s storage locker. Additionally, the suspect had already been criminally trespassed from the property for similar behavior.

The suspect was combative and refused to cooperate with police. He wouldn’t give police his name, and urinated on himself while police were questioning him.

It was unclear how the suspect got into the storage locker, as all of the lockers were locked and the suspect would have had to get through several locked doors to get in there.

He was arrested and booked into King County Jail for burglary.

Bump in the night           

An apartment resident in the 600 block of First Avenue West called 911 for a possible break-in at his building at 5:22 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24.

He said he’d heard loud thumping and banging coming from the laundry room, which is directly underneath his unit. When he came downstairs, he noticed the rear door leading outside was standing wide open, which is unusual. Then he saw a dark sedan drive out of the parking lot and head southbound on First Avenue.

Taking a look around the laundry room, the resident noticed some new damage around the change machine on the wall. The machine appeared to be undamaged, but there was damage to the wall around it, like somebody had tried to pry it out of the wall.

Street robbery

Police responded to a reported robbery in the 200 block of West Highland Drive at 12:45 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19.

Two victims said the suspect approached them from behind and held a gun to the male victim’s head. He demanded they hand over everything they had, which was an iPhone 6, an Apple watch, a wallet containing a debit card and state ID, a pair of Nike shoes, two rings and a flannel shirt.

The suspect, who was wearing a hat and a bandana around his face, fled the scene on foot.

Two witnesses had called 911 to report the incident after they fled the scene out of fear. They said they didn’t see a weapon, but they did see the suspect with his hand in his jacket pocket in an unusual manner.