Repeat thief           

The resident of a house in the 2400 block of West Crockett Street called 911 at 10:54 a.m. Friday, April 5, to report his house was broken into sometime over the last month.

He said about $10,000 worth of damage was done to the house, and that several items were stolen, including tools, coins, jewelry, urns, vases and some ivory tusks. Some of the stolen items were returned to the victim by a second victim whose car was stolen.

The suspect was arrested in the stolen car.

Stolen copper           

Police responded at 6 a.m. Thursday, April 11, to a burglary at a business in the 300 block of Elliot Avenue West.

An employee reported he came in to work at about 3:50 a.m. and noticed the rear garage door open. A bunch of copper pipes and fittings were missing from a rack in the garage. Employees said there were no signs of forced entry to the garage and they couldn’t figure out how the suspect got inside.

Compliant burglar           

Police responded at 3:24 a.m. Sunday, April 14, to a burglary in progress at a gas station in the 1500 block of Dravus Street.

The 911 caller was a customer of the gas station, which also houses a mechanic. He said he was dropping off his car to be worked on later that day by the mechanic; the business was not yet open. He noticed a suspect inside the closed gas station, and then saw the suspect climb out of a broken window holding a can of Dr. Pepper.

He approached the suspect and told him to sit down on the sidewalk while he called 911. Arriving officers found the suspect still sitting on the sidewalk. He told police he broke into the gas station because he didn’t want to be outside alone. He broke out the window, then went inside and stole the Dr. Pepper.

The suspect was arrested and booked into King County Jail for burglary.

Triggered driver           

Police responded at 9:15 p.m. Sunday, April 7, to a 911 report of shots fired in the 2500 block of 35th Avenue West in an apparent road rage incident.

The victim and his son said they were driving across the Ballard Bridge when the suspect vehicle began following them, driving alongside and keeping speed before speeding up. This continued until the vehicles reached the intersection of West Government Way and 34th Avenue West.

The victims said they heard two or three gunshots come from the suspect vehicle, so the victim pulled in front of another car and then pulled right onto a side street.

Responding officers went to West Government Way and 34th Avenue West and looked for bullet cartridges, but didn't find any. They spoke with an employee at a nearby business, who said he’d have the business owner check security cameras and call 911 if there was any video of the incident.