Back from the future           

Police responded to a weapons call from the 500 block of Roy Street at 2:06 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, arresting a man who had been threatening people with a knife and claiming to be a federal agent from the future.

The suspect, who stated he was high on meth, a drug he claimed he requires to maintain his undercover status, was threatening people at a bus stop with a three-inch foldable knife. He also had a baggie of meth, a glass meth pipe and a short broom.

The original 911 call came from an employee working in an office in a nearby business. He said he found the suspect in the business’ lobby grabbing items from the reception desk and throwing them all over the place, including over a railing into a lobby two floors down. When he confronted the suspect and told him to leave, the suspect threatened to kill the employee.

As the suspect started to walk downstairs, the employee feared that the suspect was a danger to others, so he followed the suspect. The suspect pulled the knife out as he approached the doors and said, “I’m going to kill you, I’m going to stick you and slit your throat.”

The employee called 911 as the suspect walked out the doors, and gave the 911 operator updates on his location until police arrived. Arriving officers found the suspect at the bus stop. He was still holding the knife, and using it to threaten people who were waiting for the bus.

The suspect tried to hide behind people at the bus stop when officers approached, but they quickly moved away from him.

The suspect was arrested and booked into King County Jail. His charges included assault with a weapon, causing a disturbance, possession of meth, possession of narcotics paraphernalia and an outstanding felony warrant.

School burglary           

Custodians at Catharine Blaine K-8 in the 2500 block of 34th Avenue West called 911 at 1:53 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, to report a burglary that occurred over the weekend. A custodian told responding officers he believed the burglary happened at 11:30 p.m. on Dec. 1, because the alarm was tripped at that time. There were two broken doors at the main building; both doors had cracked windows and a hammer was found close to one of the doors. However, it didn’t look like either of those doors were successfully opened.

A second building had two rooms that were broken into. A radio was damaged and some computers were moved around in the first room, but nothing was taken from that room. The second room was trashed. Papers were thrown around, snacks were eaten and apple juice was dumped all over a desk. A filing cabinet was pushed over, with its drawers open. Crude drawings were left on a dry erase board. A computer monitor’s screen was cracked. Nothing was missing from this room either.

Pried doors           

Police responded to a burglary at a business in the 700 block of Thomas Street at 1:41 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. The manager said that the burglary occurred sometime between 5:45 p.m. Dec. 6 and 9 a.m. Dec. 7.

Employees didn’t immediately notice anything amiss when they arrived for work at 9 a.m. Later in the day they realized that two doors had been pried and damaged. The door on Thomas Street had pry marks on its frame and its handle was almost broken off. The door on Eighth Avenue North had pry marks on its handle and underneath the latch cover guard plate. The manager said nothing was taken from inside the business, so it didn’t look like the burglar successfully entered the building.