Wheeled away

On March 9, police were dispatched at 8:15 a.m. to a house in the 3000 block of 13th Avenue West to investigate an occupied burglary. 

Upon arrival, police spoke with the victim, who said he arrived home to discover that his $3,000 mountain bike was missing out of the garage. 

He said he spoke with his wife, who had been home, about the missing bike, and she said she remembered seeing the bike hanging in the garage two days prior but that was the last time she had been in the garage.

Officers didn't find any damage to the garage door or any obvious signs of forced entry. 



Around 6 p.m. on March 6th, the owner of a business in the 2200 block of Queen Anne Avenue North called 911 to report that three men entered her store and walked around the back of the store in a suspicious manner. She then watched them walk across the street to another business and do the same thing. She said she thought they might be casing the stores.

While a police officer was on his way, the business owner called back because the suspicious customers asked both shop owners what time the businesses close. One of the business owners overheard them discussing what they should do. 

The responding police officer states he believed a robbery would be imminent, so he rushed to the area. 

At 6:15 p.m., officers performed a walking check of several blocks along Queen Anne Avenue North, hoping to find the suspects in another shop. The three men were last seen walking southbound on Queen Anne Avenue. Police were unable to locate the suspects.

Fifteen minutes later, an employee of a shop in the 2100 block of Queen Anne Avenue called 911 to say that they had just noticed that the same suspects had been in their back room and that $100 was now missing out of their safe. 

The employees said they were busy with customers when the suspects entered the store. One of the suspects asked for help, and as she began to help him, the other two suspects walked toward the back of the store. 

At the back of the store is the doorway to an employee-only area that included the store’s office.

Both employees saw the men walk into the back room, but one employee was busy with the suspect and the other was busy with other customers. The employees said the men were in the room for a couple minutes, and as one of the employees walked toward the back office, the suspects walked out. All three suspects then left the store in a hurry. 

Not long after that, the employees realized that the safe had been broken into and the cash was now missing from it. The employees said the safe had been locked, and that they think the suspects may have kicked it open. 

Police asked the employees if anything else had been taken, such as their personal items. One of the employees realized that her wallet had been taken out of her purse. She quickly began to call to cancel her cards and learned that someone was already trying to use one of her cards at a gas station.


Bike theft

On March 7, police were dispatched to a reported non-forced burglary at a home in the 900 block of Second Avenue West. 

The victim said that she had received an e-mail from her building manager that said that another resident had a bike stolen from their storage area recently. She went to check on her $1,500 bike, which was stored in the same area, and discovered it was gone. She called 911 to report the incident.

The victim said she last saw her bike in the storage area two days before. The bike was secured with two heavy-duty chains and locks. There was no sign of forced entry into the storage facility.


Rifled through

On March 7 at 7:30 p.m., police were dispatched to a house in the 2700 block of 10th Avenue West to investigate a report of a burglary.

The homeowner said he took the garbage out prior to leaving home and may have accidentally left the door unlocked when he left. When he returned about an hour and a half later, he found all the doors in the house open and the lights on downstairs. 

Personal papers dumped on the floor in two rooms. Cupboards and drawers throughout the house had been rifled through. 

The only item missing was a television.


Unlucky burglar

At 10:15 a.m. on March 13, police responded to a forced-entry burglary to a business in the 400 block of Broad Street. 

The owner of said the burglary happened between 5 p.m. the evening before and 9 a.m. that morning. The burglar broke a sliding-glass door by throwing a rock through it, entered the store and took an empty cash register.