Stolen safe

A woman in the 2400 block of Second Avenue West called 911 on April 10 after returning home to find her home had been broken into.

She said she’d left home at about 7 p.m. and gotten a notification on her phone from her alarm company of an alarm break at her home at 9:44 p.m. She returned home and found her back door ajar and her 100-pound safe missing.

Police arrived and searched the home. The master bedroom appeared to have been rifled through, but the victim said nothing was missing from it.

There was a fresh chip mark on the wall near the back door landing, leading police to believe the burglar dropped the safe while carrying it.

The victim told police her back door was closed, but it’s possible that she left it unlocked.

The contents of the safe included several pieces of jewelry.


Unlocked window

On April 10 at 9:25 p.m., police responded to a home in the 2500 block of Queen Anne Avenue North to investigate a possible burglary in progress.

The homeowner had called 911 and stated that she thought a burglar was possibly still inside and that she saw wet footprints in the kitchen. She hadn’t seen anybody inside the home.

The victim said she returned home around 9:20 p.m. and entered through the front door. She noticed some of the doors on the cabinets were open but didn’t immediately realize there had been a burglary.

When she went into the kitchen she noticed that the rear door was slightly open, and then she saw a wet footprint on a bench underneath a kitchen window. She ran out of the home and called 911.

Responding police officers checked the inside of the home and didn’t find anyone.

The victim told police the dresser drawers in her bedroom were open and her jewelry box had been emptied out. She said three pairs of earrings were taken, which she estimated to be worth $950.

Police determined that the burglar had likely entered through the kitchen window. The exterior window screen had been removed and was found propped up against an outside wall. The kitchen window was free of pry marks. The victim told police she wasn’t sure if she’d locked the window.

Police checked several surfaces for fingerprints, including the sliding door, the jewelry box and the kitchen window, but were unable to locate any.



At 9:21 a.m. on April 14, the general manager of the Interbay Golf Center, in the 2500 block of 15th Avenue West, called 911 to report a burglary. He stated that a weed whacker was stolen from a garage in the maintenance area.

The weed whacker was stolen sometime in the previous two days.


Alarm break

On April 11 at 3:34 a.m., police were dispatched to a business in the 1900 block of Queen Anne Avenue North in response to a call from an alarm company reporting an alarm had been tripped inside the business.

The responding officer found all the doors and windows secured and no signs of a burglary inside.

At 10:11 a.m. the same morning, the same police officer was dispatched to investigate a complaint of a burglary at the same address. Employees stated that when they arrived, they found that the cash register till and money were missing. The till contained $59 in small bills and change.

There was no sign of forced entry.

The alarm company told the employees a motion alarm went off at 3:32 a.m. and the front door alarm went off at 3:38 a.m. The doors were secured when the employees left the previous evening and when arrived that morning. No other area alarms were tripped, and no merchandise was taken.

Later in the day, a homeowner in the 2200 block of Second Avenue North called police to report he found a till in his yard. Police retrieved the till and returned it to the business, where employees identified it as belonging to the business. A partial fingerprint was found on the bottom of the till.


Unwanted guest

On April 13 at 10 p.m., police responded to a burglary at a building in the 1200 block of Dexter Avenue North.

The victim told police that when he’d left for work at 8 a.m. his front door was closed and locked, but he wasn’t sure if the back door was.

When he arrived home at 1 p.m., he noticed the front door was ajar. He went inside and didn’t see anybody, but he saw the back door was unlocked but closed.

The victim reported multiple items stolen from his apartment.

He asked his building’s management to check security video for the possible burglar. They reported seeing a suspicious-looking individual who followed vehicles into the building’s garage at 7 a.m.

Responding police found a fingerprint on a box that was possibly handled by the burglar.