On March 14 at 9:39 p.m., police responded to a report of an assault at Second Avenue North and Newton Street. The 911 call reported that a man hit a woman, who was still on scene. The man was last seen walking southbound on Second Avenue North.

When police arrived, firefighters were already on scene treating the victim.

Police spoke with several witnesses who said they heard a woman screaming so they went to assist her.

No one saw the suspect; however, one witness said that he did see a male figure running away after he heard the woman yelling.

The victim was unable to tell police anything about the assault. She was crying and holding the back of her head. She said she saw someone getting close to her and was then punched in the back of the head.

The victim’s brother, who was also on the scene, told police he didn’t know anything about the incident, and that he did not know who was with his sister or who would have done this. Police asked the brother for his sister’s boyfriend’s name, but he refused to say, stating it was irrelevant.


Broken window

On March 22 at 8:06 a.m., police were dispatched to investigate a broken window at a business in the 3400 block of West McGraw Street. A passerby had noticed the broken window and called 911.

The front door had numerous pry marks around the lock in an obvious attempt to break in, and when that wasn’t successful, the suspect broke the glass out of the door.

Police could not contact the owner at the time of their investigation, so they didn’t know what was taken or if entry was actually made.


Stolen TV

On March 23 at 12:31 p.m., police responded to a reported burglary at a building in the 100 block of Taylor Avenue North.

Upon arrival, the building manager told police that there was good surveillance video of the burglary. Video shows a man entered the building at 3:13 a.m. through a door to the secured parking garage. The manager reports that this door is always locked.

Police examined this door and found fresh pry marks on it and a small utility knife blade on the ground in front of the door.

Once inside the building, the suspect walked through the second floor, taking one of two large flat-screen TVs that were mounted on the walls. Surveillance video shows the suspect walking back out the door he had pried open, carrying the TV.

Police found fingerprints on the cables left behind where the TV was. They also discovered that the burglar had tried to get the second TV down, having pulled one side of it away from the wall.


Stolen security camera

The owner of a building in the 3200 block of 21st Avenue West called 911 at 2:11 p.m. on March 14 to report that he found the door to the storage shed pried open.

A surveillance camera that had been mounted above the door was gone.

He told police he didn’t believe anything was taken from inside the storage shed.


Hotel room burglary

On March 24 at 6:57 p.m., police were dispatched to a burglary call at a hotel on Western Avenue West. A hotel guest had reported his bag was stolen from his room.

The victim told police he’d checked into the hotel the day before. He said he’d left the room at 9:30 a.m. for a meeting and had left his bag inside by the door. He returned at about 11:30 a.m., and his bag was gone.

The bag contained $7,500 cash, his Social Security card, Medicare card and two credit cards, along with other items.

The victim informed responding police that he’d gotten a call from his bank stating that his credit card had already been used at five locations in the Seattle area for a total of $500.

Police spoke with hotel employees, who said that management was aware of the theft and was in the process of reviewing which key cards were used on the victim’s room door throughout the day. They were advised to call police back once they had a list of who entered the victim’s room.


Car prowl

On March 22 at 9:11 a.m., police responded to a secured parking garage in the 200 block of Queen Anne Avenue North to investigate a reported car prowl.

The victim told police that, sometime during the night, somebody entered the garage and attempted to steal tools out of his vehicle.

A wing window was shattered, with a hole in the middle large enough for a hand to reach into the vehicle.

The victim said he was certain nothing was stolen and that the building might have surveillance video of the garage. He said he would need to contact management to verify there was video of the break-in.