The following are selected reports from the Seattle Police Department’s West Precinct. They represent the officers’ accounts of the events described.

Stolen Accordion 

Just after 2:30 p.m. on March 7, police responded to an apartment in the 800 block of West Crockett Street. The victim told responding officers she had discovered on March 4 her storage unit had been broken into. She hadn’t been down to the storage unit for a few months, so she wasn’t sure exactly when the burglary took place. The lock clasp was torn from the door, and her accordion and its case were missing.

Small Time Burglar

At approximately 12:15 a.m. on March 12, police responded to a burglary at a home on 33rd Avenue West that occurred while the homeowners were away on vacation. The victims said they’d been gone since March 8. When they returned at 9:45 p.m. on the 11th, they found their back door kicked in. All of the rooms in the house had been rummaged through, and jewelry from the bedroom had been moved down to the kitchen. However, the only things missing were a watch and a ceramic turtle. The victims pointed out that the suspect had apparently attempted to get into the house through the bedroom window before kicking in the back door, as a lawn chair had been moved underneath that window and the screen had been removed.

Missing Purse

At approximately 1:45 p.m. on March 11, a woman living in the 900 block of Dexter Avenue North called 911 to report a burglary to her apartment while she was sleeping. She said her boyfriend had left angry at about midnight after they’d had a fight. She was in the bathroom when he left but locked the front door before going to bed. The next morning when she woke up her purse was missing. She checked her bank account and found that one of her credit cards had been used at 2:59 a.m. at a store at First Avenue and Cherry Street. She said she suspected either her boyfriend or somebody from the apartment building’s maintenance crew had taken her purse.

He Said She Said

Just after 3 p.m. on March 12, police were called to a disturbance at a gas station convenience store in the 1200 block of Denny Way. Police officers weren’t able to respond until more than a half hour later, when the 911 operators received a second call reporting the store clerk had pepper sprayed the suspect. The suspect met police in the parking lot and said she’d stopped at the station after a night out for her birthday. She’d taken her shoes off because her feet hurt. When she went into the store the clerk told her to put shoes on. She got in to a verbal altercation with the clerk and he sprayed her with mace. Police note that the suspect didn’t have any of the usual signs of being pepper sprayed, her eyes were not red and she wasn’t tearing up.

The clerks inside the store said the suspect came into the store and started a verbal altercation with the cashier. She became physically aggressive, tearing down a candy rack and throwing candy onto the floor, reaching over the counter and trying to hit the cashier, and grabbing a 16 ounce canned drink and throwing it at the cashier. The can exploded when it hit the ground. The suspect continued her “reign of terror” by confronting customers in the store and starting verbal altercations. The suspect refused to leave the store. After the suspect threw the can at the cashier, he sprayed her with pepper spray. The suspect then grabbed another 16 ounce can and went to the east side of the counter where was unobstructed by the counter and displays and threw it at the cashier.

The store clerks told police there were surveillance cameras in the store, but they don’t have access to the video. A witness approached police and said the suspect only threw the can after she was pepper sprayed. Police were suspicious of this witness’s statement. However, due to conflicting stories, police didn’t take action. Both the suspect and the clerks stated they wanted to be listed as the victims.

Hotel Dispute

Just before 6 a.m. on March 13, staff at a hotel in the 200 block of Dexter Avenue North called 911 to report an assault that occurred in one of the rooms. The victim told police she’d been assaulted by an acquaintance. She said she’d been in the room with the suspect and another friend when she asked the suspect to leave and he repeatedly refused. They began to argue, and it escalated to a yelling match. She tried to get him to leave by spraying air freshener at him, which he responded to by throwing a binder at her. Responding police observed redness on the victim’s right arm where the binder hit her. The victim stated she wanted a no contact order against the suspect and police advised her to apply for one at the King County Courthouse. She gave police the suspect’s name, phone number, address and description.